A Forensic Psychologist applies psychology to the criminal justice system. Forensic Psychologists evaluate suspected criminals' competency to stand trial, assist trauma survivors, assess child custody during divorce proceedings, evaluate credibility of witnesses, and assess potential jurors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Forensic Psychologist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an observant Forensic Psychologist to assist us with making psychological assessments and conducting a range of tests. The Forensic Psychologist will evaluate suspected criminals to provide expert opinion on their competency to stand trial. You will create, implement and execute behavioral management plans for inmates, and be mindful of their cultural backgrounds in creating these. You will play a prominent role in parole hearings by performing recidivism assessments.
To ensure success you need to put your personal feelings aside when performing evaluations, such as competency and recidivism assessments. Top applicants are detail-oriented, unbiased and patient.
Forensic Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Assessing individuals to establish cognitive abilities and malingering.
- Performing competency, triage, and suicide and violence risk assessments.
- Assessing recidivism risks.
- Compiling quantitative and qualitative reviews.
- Evaluating case presentations and assessments.
- Providing expert testimony in court.
- Acting as consultant for multidisciplinary teams and coaching psychology students.
- Educating clinical team on psychological issues.
- Creating, evaluating and initiating correctional programs.
- Compiling reports and completing documentation in compliance with applicable standards and procedures.
Forensic Psychologist Requirements:
- Doctoral degree in psychology.
- 2+ years work experience in clinical psychology.
- Work experience with forensic psychiatric cases.
- State licensure.
- Proficient understanding of cultural diversity.
- Available to travel.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills.
- Proficient organizational skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources