Forensic Anthropologist Job Description Template
We are looking for a forensic anthropologist to be responsible for uncovering and examining human remains. The responsibilities of a forensic anthropologist include identifying remains, determining the time of death, and participating in lab analyses.
To be successful as a forensic anthropologist, you should demonstrate good communication and teamworking skills, an ability to maintain composure, and provide unbiased analyses. Ultimately, a top-notch forensic anthropologist should be able to eloquently articulate findings, effectively describe technical information, and must be a rational thinker.
Forensic Anthropologist Responsibilities:
- Handling human remains.
- Cleaning remains.
- Conducting inspections on remains for signs of trauma.
- Identifying the age and sex of remains.
- Estimating the time of death.
- Drafting reports on findings.
- Appearing in court cases.
- Collaborating with law enforcement.
Forensic Anthropologist Requirements:
- Master's or Ph.D. in anthropology, forensic sciences, or related field.
- Lab and field experience.
- Able to work long hours.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Critical thinking skills.