A Forensic Analyst is a scientist who assists law enforcement agents in uncovering criminal acts. Forensic Analysts usually work in forensic crime labs examining evidence to identify suspects.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Forensic Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a Forensic Analyst to be responsible for examining evidence to identify suspects. The responsibilities of a Forensic Analyst include examining and analyzing crime scene evidence, visiting crime scenes, and testifying during trials and court cases.
To be successful as a Forensic Analyst, you should demonstrate solid knowledge of laboratory procedures, strong verbal and written communication skills, and superior analytical skills. Ultimately, a top-notch Forensic Analyst should be able to maintain confidentiality, have good research skills, and possess tact and carefulness.
Forensic Analyst Responsibilities:
- Assisting Crime Scene Investigators in examining and analyzing evidence such as blood, hairs, fingerprints, and firearms.
- Collecting evidence or conducting field tests at crime scenes.
- Recording and documenting findings from tests.
- Preparing reports on findings.
- Advising law enforcement and judges based on findings.
- Ensuring that laboratory tools are cleaned and maintained.
- Appearing as a witness in court.
Forensic Analyst Requirements:
- Degree in Genetics, Forensic Sciences, or related field.
- Previous experience as a Forensic Analyst.
- Good communication and team working skills.
- Impartial and confidential.
- Strong research skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources