Forensic Scientists assist with prosecution in criminal cases by processing evidence, and mostly specialize in specific aspects of crime. Preferred candidates are dynamic, people-oriented and have the ability to prioritize tasks. Avoid careless, clumsy applicants.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Forensic Scientist Interview Questions
1. Could you give me a detailed explanation of how you collect evidence proficiently?
It is essential for a Forensic Scientist to collect evidence effectively to avoid contamination of crime scenes, and the inadmissibility of evidence. The potential hire's answer will give you confidence in their ability to gather evidence.
2. Are you proficient with training others?
A Forensic Scientist needs to train other staff. Listen for the applicant to display this ability.
3. How did your knowledge of bloodstain pattern analysis help you to secure convictions in past experience?
The candidate's answer will give you an indication of their skill in this area.
4. Which were your three most prominent success stories in previous positions?
The answer to this question will demonstrate the candidate's capabilities.
5. Are you undeterred by gruesome crime scenes, and why would you say so?
To operate optimally, a Forensic Scientist needs to perform their duties effectively despite the traumatic nature of crime scenes. The prospective hire needs to display this ability.