A Food Runner, also known as a Server Assistant, is a restaurant worker who helps the wait staff and bartenders improve the dining experience for customers. They play a crucial part in a restaurant, performing a range of duties including assisting guests with orders, taking feedback, and preparing table set-ups.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Food Runner Job Description Template:
We are looking for an energetic and professional Food Runner to join our vibrant restaurant. You will perform a range of tasks including preparing tables, serving orders, explaining meals, and facilitating collaboration between kitchen and wait staff.
As a Food Runner, your ultimate goal will be to provide our guest with outstanding customer service and actively help to improve their overall dining experience. The ideal candidate will be friendly, professional and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Assist customers with their orders by explaining specials, meals, and drinks, and make recommendations.
- Deliver food orders to a variety of customers in a timely manner.
- Accurately explain food orders to chefs, with specific attention to allergies and special requests.
- Help the wait staff set up tables by placing appropriate tableware, eating utensils, decorations, and napkins.
- Uphold our food health safety and sanitation principles.
- Occasionally check on customers to handle any impromptu requests or issues.
- Remove dirty dishes from the table.
- Inform management on customer feedback.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is preferred.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Ability to stay professional in a stressful work environment.
- Superb multitasking skills.
- Available to work different hours including weekends, days and nights.