Floor Techs clean floors for large facilities such as hospitals, schools and gymnasiums. A Floor Tech is responsible for keeping floors aesthetically pleasing and free from harmful microorganisms. Also known as Floor Technician or Floor Care Technician.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Floor Tech Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an energetic Floor Tech to keep our hospital's floors clean. The Floor Tech will be responsible for the maintenance of all floor areas, and for sustaining high standards of cleanliness and sanitation. You will remove spots from carpets, perform bonnet and extraction carpet cleaning, dispose of trash and assist with hazardous waste collection. You will operate floor sweepers, buffers, strippers, canister vacuum cleaners and shop vacuums, and you will wear adequate personal protective equipment (PPE) when working with chemicals and equipment.
To be successful in this role you will protect patients and visitors by keeping floors free from harmful microorganisms, and by being mindful of slip, trip and fall hazards. Preferred candidates are motivated, meticulous and able to work with numerous interruptions.
Floor Tech Responsibilities:
- Cleaning offices, hallways, common areas and other areas.
- Moving furniture before and after cleaning.
- Cleaning, dusting, mopping, stripping and waxing floors.
- Measuring chemicals correctly.
- Operating chemical dispensing units.
- Labeling chemicals correctly.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and storing equipment and PPE proficiently.
- Keeping inventory of floor areas, and scheduling cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Reporting maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Assisting with hazardous waste collection as requested by supervisor.
Floor Tech Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent preferred.
- Floor maintenance experience preferred.
- Completion of drug test.
- Completion of on-the-job training.
- Undeterred by exposure to hazardous chemicals, bodily fluids, and communicable and infectious diseases.
- Resilient to noise.
- Physically agile.
- Excellent communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources