Floor Techs clean floors for large businesses and institutions such as hospitals, schools, universities and gymnasiums. Ideal candidates are of high integrity, energetic and positive. Avoid lethargic, sullen candidates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Floor Tech Interview Questions
1. Are you a quick learner, and why would you say so?
Listen carefully for the candidate to display this ability. It is crucial for a Floor Tech to be responsive to on-the-job training, and to follow procedures and to function independently thereafter.
2. Could you give me examples from past experience where you worked at a fast pace with constant interruptions?
The potential hire needs to display this ability, as a Floor Techs work in noisy, dynamic environments where they are frequently interrupted by patients or visitors.
3. Why does a competent Floor Tech play such an important role in a hospital in your opinion?
The potential hire needs to express an understanding of the role they play in protecting the health of patients and in creating a pleasing environment, which will contribute to their conscientiousness as a Floor Tech.
4. Have you worked during a MRSA outbreak, and which role did you play in addressing the problem?
The candidate's answer will demonstrate their knowledge of cleaning methods and chemicals to deal with harmful microorganisms.
5. Have you witnessed a mistake by a Floor Tech causing injury or illness, and what did you learn from the experience?
The candidate's answer will show their ability to learn from others' mistakes, which will reduce their need to learn from their own mistakes.