Floor Staff is typically employed by fine-dining and chain restaurants as well as cafes and cafeterias to provide overall support to the wait staff. They clear dirty tableware, set tables, and assist the wait staff in delivering food to patrons.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Floor Staff Job Description Template
We are looking to hire hard-working and efficient Floor Staff to assist the waitrons in providing quality customer service to our patrons. The Floor Staff's responsibilities include greeting and welcoming patrons, ensuring that server stations are well-organized, removing restaurant trash, and attending staff meetings and training as needed. You should also be able to respond to patrons’ requests in a timely manner.
To be successful as Floor Staff, you should be knowledgeable about proper food handling procedures and have excellent organizational skills. Ultimately, exceptional Floor Staff should be able to communicate effectively with both wait staff and patrons as well as demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
Floor Staff Responsibilities:
- Removing dirty tableware from dining tables and taking them to the kitchen to be washed.
- Serving complimentary snacks to patrons upon their arrival.
- Assisting patrons in locating suitable dining tables.
- Setting tables with clean linen, napkins, and tableware as well as condiments.
- Ensuring that the server stations are adequately stocked with tableware, napkins, and condiments.
- Assisting the wait staff in delivering meal items to patrons as needed.
- Assisting the wait staff in processing patrons' payments.
- Performing clean-up duties, which includes sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors as well as polishing counters and fixtures.
- Answering patrons' questions regarding meal ingredients and preparation.
- Notifying the manager of low or depleted restaurant supplies.
Floor Staff Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A food handler's license.
- Proven experience working in the foodservice industry.
- Sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources