Interview Questions for Film Makeup Artists:
1. What method do you use to calculate the time it will take to apply makeup or prosthetics?
Demonstrates the candidate’s awareness of the importance of being methodical and working within a strict time frame.
2. How do you prepare different types of skin prior to applying makeup?
Evaluates the candidate’s understanding of the match between skin types and cosmetics.
3. What SFX makeup have you done of which you are especially proud of?
Assesses the candidate’s knowledge of and experience with SFX.
4. If you disagree with the director about an actor’s makeup, how do you deal with the conflict?
Measures the candidate’s conflict-resolution skills and assertiveness.
5. What products do you use to remove makeup?
Demonstrate’s the candidate’s awareness of the importance of proper makeup removal and skin care.