Also known as Stylists or Image Consultants, Fashion Consultants help clients to develop and enhance their professional and/or personal image. Their duties include helping clients decide which styles are most flattering and suitable for them. Typically, Fashion Consultants work for companies or on an individual contract basis.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Fashion Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a stylish, competent Fashion Consultant to join our team. The Fashion Consultant will be responsible for providing fashion advice and style recommendations. You will also be required to assess the client's personality, career goals, and body type to recommend clothing and accessories that will boost the client's confidence.
A successful Fashion Consultant should have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with clients and should be friendly, outgoing, and trustworthy. Ultimately, a top-notch Fashion Consultant should be a good multitasker and a great listener, have good time management skills, and be highly organized.
Fashion Consultant Responsibilities:
- Listening to the client's needs and understanding their individual personality.
- Providing tailored advice on individual pieces, whole outfits, colors, styles, and fabrics that will suit the client's preferences, style, body type, and price range, as well as the occasion they're dressing for.
- Selling merchandise and increasing sales for the company.
- Remaining up-to-date with current fashion trends and principles.
- Updating your portfolio of looks and trends to reflect seasonal fashion changes and to develop new outfits and recommendations for clients.
- Generating and pursuing leads to grow your client base.
- Following up with clients via phone or email and answering requests and questions.
Fashion Consultant Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Fashion or a related field would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 1 year's experience in retail or a fashion-related position.
- Strong working knowledge of fashion trends, designers, and brands.
- Excellent communication, sales, and customer service skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong networking and social media skills.
- A willingness and ability to travel to clients.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources