Stylists curate bespoke ranges of clothing that are tailored to their clients' needs. Clients may then opt to buy one or more of the Stylist's choices, though there is typically no obligation to do so.
When interviewing Stylists, outstanding candidates will be able to push the envelope without compromising on their clients' requests. Be wary of candidates who are dismissive of budget constraints, and those who are unable to generate sales.
Interview Questions for Stylists:
1. How do you determine a client's personal style?
Examines research skills, including the ability to ask appropriate questions.
2. Where would you search for clothes?
Shows familiarity with mainstream and indie stores.
3. How would you source rare items?
Highlights resourcefulness and the presence of existing connections within the industry.
4. What would you do if a client insisted on purchasing an ill-fitting item?
Tests the ability to approach uncomfortable situations with sensitivity.
5. Which current trends would you incorporate in your clothing selections?
Demonstrates an awareness of and interest in fashion.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources