Family Lawyer Job Description Template:
We are searching for a dedicated and qualified family lawyer to join our dynamic law practice. You will perform a range of duties including filing legal documents, attending court proceedings, participating in mediation sessions, and offering useful advice to clients.
To excel in this role, the successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with excellent negotiating and debating skills. All candidates will have a license to practice law, and the ability to successfully manage multiple clients.
Family Lawyer Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and managing the legal issues that transpire between people that are members of the same family.
- Supervising and directing mediation sessions, and offering effective legal advice.
- Organizing and recording all official documents required to file cases.
- Coordinating with staff to prepare an extensive brief on each case that goes to trial.
- Upholding a steady schedule of hearings, court appearances, and conferences.
- Responding to the urgent needs of clients.
- Overseeing family estates and wills.
- Attending trials and court proceedings.
- Regularly updating clients about their cases.
Family Lawyer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in law.
- A license to practice law from the State Bar Association.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in family law.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Must be skilled in negotiation, debate, and persuasion techniques.