A Family Lawyer is a licensed attorney who manages legal problems between members of the same family. These may include divorce, adoption, guardianship, and emancipation cases. They are responsible for overseeing family estates, monitoring mediation sessions, and offering legal advice.
Family Lawyer Job Description Template:
We are searching for a dedicated and qualified Family Lawyer to join our dynamic law practice. You will perform a range of duties including filing legal documents, attending court proceedings, participating in mediation sessions, and offering useful advice to clients.
To excel in this role, the successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with excellent negotiating and debating skills. All candidates will have a license to practice law, and the ability to successfully manage multiple clients.
- Oversee and manage the legal issues that transpire between people that are members of the same family.
- Supervise and direct mediation sessions, and offer effective legal advice.
- Organize and record all official documents required to file cases.
- Coordinate with staff to prepare an extensive brief on each case that goes to trial.
- Uphold a steady schedule of hearings, court appearances, and conferences.
- Respond to the urgent needs of clients.
- Oversee family estates and wills.
- Attend trials and court proceedings.
- Regularly update clients about their cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- A license to practice law from the State Bar Association.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in family law.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Must be skilled in negotiation, debate and persuasion techniques.