Facilities Engineers are responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining the infrastructure and equipment of buildings and facilities. They perform analyses of operational processes, resource allocation, energy use, and safety processes, and recommend and implement improvements.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Facilities Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a Facilities Engineer to be responsible for the maintenance and improvement of our manufacturing plant. You will be responsible for assessing the facility's resource requirements, designing and optimizing the facility's layout and critical operational systems, and overseeing the maintenance of infrastructure and equipment.
To be successful as a Facilities Engineer, you should be able to develop and implement utility plans, perform system evaluations, and establish operational efficiency. A top-notch Facilities Engineer should have excellent project management skills and strong knowledge of structural code requirements.
Facilities Engineer Responsibilities:
- Gathering and analyzing data, blueprints, and reports.
- Determining facility and equipment specifications.
- Analyzing project costs and preparing budgets.
- Designing and overseeing the implementation of facility expansion, layout, various systems, and quality controls.
- Evaluating operational systems and facility infrastructure to ascertain and improve operational efficiencies.
- Developing processing plans and optimizing resource allocation.
- Planning and coordinating infrastructure and equipment maintenance schedules and activities.
- Coordinating and overseeing contractors performing maintenance activities.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, building codes, and health and safety standards.
- Preparing reports and compliance documentation.
Facilities Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Facilities Engineer or in a similar role.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SAP, and MS Office.
- Knowledge of the building process and construction principles.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and building codes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources