Facilities Directors ensure that buildings and their features remain neat, well-maintained, and safe. These responsibilities also extend to the grounds on which buildings are situated.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Facilities Director Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly organized, dependable Facilities Director to oversee the running of our building. The Facilities Director is responsible for ensuring the upkeep of all utilities, services, and grounds. You should also create avenues for tenants to voice their complaints without concern.
To be successful as a Facilities Director, you should be accustomed to devising swift, innovative solutions that maintain and facilitate operations. A top-notch Facilities Director will sustain contact with tenants, using the information obtained during interactions to make our space more enjoyable for all.
Facilities Director Responsibilities:
- Conducting regular needs assessments to ascertain potential issues with the building and surrounds.
- Managing short-term and long-term budgets.
- Sourcing the services of professionals such as HVAC Technicians, Plumbers, and Gardeners, as required.
- Scheduling the cleaning and maintenance of amenities and grounds.
- Implementing security measures within and outside of the facility.
- Negotiating the most favorable rates and compiling service agreements.
- Ensuring that tenants observe building regulations, failing which you should implement appropriate penalties.
- Resolving tenants' concerns and responding to their queries.
Facilities Director Requirements:
- Degree in Facilities Management, Project Management, or similar field.
- Prior experience as a Facilities Director or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of relevant health and safety codes.
- Familiarity with maintenance requirements of old and new buildings.
- Outstanding negotiating and decision-making skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Capacity to juggle multiple demands.
- Ability to tend to emergencies outside of normal working hours.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources