Engineering Technicians work alongside Engineers, assisting with research, evaluation, design, and quality control processes. They may work in civil, mechanical, industrial, computer, aerospace, or environmental engineering. Engineering Technicians handle all tasks assigned by the Engineer, and may also write reports and update records.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Engineering Technician Job Description Template
We are searching for a driven, detail-orientated Engineering Technician to join our growing organization. The Engineering Technician's responsibilities include performing research, building prototypes, inspecting products, ensuring sites are safe and clean, providing customer support, and reporting to the supervising Engineer. You should be able to troubleshoot equipment, communicate effectively under pressure, and provide effective suggestions for improvement.
To be successful as an Engineering Technician, you should demonstrate a sound understanding of engineering terminology, and be able to work well in a team. Outstanding Engineering Technicians are self-starters with an insatiable curiosity, superb work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills.
Engineering Technician Responsibilities:
- Working alongside engineers to design, build, and test solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Inspecting and modifying existing designs and prototypes.
- Conducting research, collecting data, and writing daily reports.
- Using CAD software to develop designs, and implementing feedback from Engineers.
- Running tests, diagnostics, and calibrations.
- Conducting experiments and investigations under the guidance of Engineers.
- Inspecting inventory and reordering materials and technical components.
- Analyzing operations and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Maintaining records and assisting with presentations.
- Attending conferences and participating in other learning and growth opportunities.
Engineering Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Associate's Degree in Engineering Technology or similar.
- A relevant license or certification may be required.
- A valid driver's license.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong customer service skills and time management.
- Excellent health and safety knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate and remain calm and professional in a fast-paced environment.
- Superb writing and presentation skills.
- A willingness to learn and work overtime when required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources