Engineering Technicians help Engineers with research, testing, design, and quality control. They can be employed in various engineering fields, and have different duties depending on the industry. Engineering Technicians handle all tasks assigned by the Engineer and also manage records and complete other administrative tasks.
When interviewing Engineering Technicians, look for those who exhibit patience, attention to detail, and strong communication skills. Be wary of candidates who lack curiosity and knowledge of health and safety regulations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Engineering Technicians:
1. Can you explain how you might prioritize day-to-day tasks?
Demonstrates time management and organizational skills.
2. How would you go about communicating with coworkers in a noisy factory?
Tests communication and problem-solving skills, as well as creativity.
3. Can you describe a time when your attention to detail solved a problem?
Tests knowledge of engineering, as well as observational, and problem-solving skills.
4. Describe a time a coworker hurt themselves while on duty. What did you do?
Reveals knowledge of health and safety protocols, communication skills, as well as the ability to stay focused under pressure.
5. As an Engineering Technician, what new skills have you recently learned?
Tests level of skill, and commitment to growth and lifelong learning.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources