Endodontists are dental specialists that diagnose and treat various conditions that affect the tooth pulp as well as the nerves and tissue in and around the tooth root. They primarily perform non-surgical root canal treatments, endodontic surgery, and apicoectomies.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Endodontist Job Description Template
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced Endodontist to diagnose patients and perform various dental procedures involving the interior of the tooth. The Endodontist’s responsibilities include performing intentional replantation procedures as needed, advising patients on post-surgery dental care, and prescribing suitable pain-relief medication. You should also be able to maintain relationships with dentists and other practitioners in the field.
To be successful as an Endodontist, you should be able to keep abreast of the latest developments in endodontics to ensure that patients receive the best treatment possible. Ultimately, an exceptional Endodontist should demonstrate dental proficiency, patience, and excellent communication skills at all times.
- Reviewing patients' medical history and discussing their symptoms and concerns.
- Utilizing dental instruments and x-ray equipment to determine the cause of patients' oral pain and discomfort.
- Formulating suitable treatment plans based on the diagnosed dental condition.
- Performing non-surgical root canal treatment to treat damaged or infected tooth pulp.
- Performing endodontic surgery to clean canals that contain calcium deposits, assist in making accurate diagnoses, and treat damaged root surfaces or surrounding bone.
- Performing apicoectomies to treat persistent inflammation or infection occurring in the bony area around the end of the tooth.
- Maintaining teeth that have previously undergone root canal procedures.
- Replanting teeth that have been knocked out of patients’ mouths.
- Completing comprehensive diagnosis, treatment, and progress notes on each patient.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) degree.
- Completion of a post-doctoral residency program in Endodontics.
- License to practice dentistry.
- Certification through the American Board of Endodontics (ABE) is preferred.
- Proven experience working as an Endodontist.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good hand-eye condition.
- A patient and empathetic disposition.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources