Electrical Project Engineers design, develop, and control the electrical systems used in a particular project. They may work in various industries and should demonstrate a sound understanding of all the project's electrical requirements. Electrical Project Engineers need to work to specifications and liaise with vendors, subcontractors, and clients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Electrical Project Engineer Job Description Template
We are searching for a reliable, detail-orientated Electrical Project Engineer to join our team. The Electrical Project Engineer's responsibilities include reviewing all engineering design plans, performing complex calculations, designing and constructing electrical systems and their components, liaising with other engineers, and maintaining relationships with clients, vendors, and other stakeholders. You should be able to stick to the allocated budget and build reliable, quality electrical systems.
To be successful as an Electrical Project Engineer, you should possess an analytical mind and a high aptitude for physics and math. Outstanding candidates are superb problem solvers with a passion for science.
Electrical Project Engineer Responsibilities:
- Analyzing technical drawings, interpreting specifications and determining the electrical requirements of a given project.
- Liaising with other engineers and clients to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Managing and monitoring all assigned electrical projects.
- Ensuring health and safety codes are obeyed at all times.
- Completing quality assurance on all electrical components and projects, and writing up reports.
- Using CAD software to draft designs.
- Analyzing and approving various construction and engineering plans.
- Diagnosing problems and troubleshooting equipment.
- Ensuring all deadlines and budgetary requirements are met.
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in electrical engineering.
Electrical Project Engineer Requirements:
- BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience with CAD software and MS Office.
- A sound understanding of health and safety regulations.
- A valid driver's license.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure.
- Excellent time management and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to work in a team and remain professional at all times.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources