E-Commerce Business Analyst Job Description Template
We are searching for an e-commerce business analyst to improve and maintain our e-commerce presence, processes, and sales. In this role, you will be tasked with analyzing key metrics about our business and its performance which you will use to generate insights and reports for marketing, UX, payment, and overall strategy.
To ensure success as an e-commerce business analyst you should be adept at data mining, business intelligence, report writing, and process optimization. A top-notch e-commerce business analyst will be knowledgeable on a broad range of e-commerce activities, such as SEO, website design, sales funneling, conversions, and digital marketing.
E-Commerce Business Analyst Responsibilities:
- Determining the company's e-commerce goals and KPIs.
- Identifying key areas for improvements, such as audience, acquisition, behavior, and conversions.
- Monitoring and analyzing e-commerce metrics and figures.
- Transforming e-commerce data into operational insights.
- Researching competitors, alternative markets, and opportunities in the e-commerce space.
- Brainstorming ideas to enhance and transform the company's e-commerce approach.
- Developing e-commerce solutions in conjunction with marketing and IT personnel.
- Implementing broad e-commerce strategies to assist our business development goals.
- Reporting and acting on changes and market trends.
- Advising various business stakeholders on e-commerce related matters.
E-Commerce Business Analyst Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in business management, marketing, or data science.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in digital economies and e-commerce.
- In-depth understanding of web-analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, Heap, Oracle, and OWOX BI.
- Knowledge of important e-commerce terminology and measures.
- Highly organized, analytical, and technically-minded.
- Proficient in various data analysis techniques and procedures.
- Excellent report writing and presentation abilities.
- Able to orient data analytics insights with the end-user in mind.
- Professional, punctual, and goal-driven.
- A team player with great communication skills.