Drywall Finisher Job Description Template
We are seeking a detail-oriented drywall finisher to join our team. As a drywall finisher, your duties will include sealing joints, repairing cracks, and smoothing imperfections on walls and ceilings to create surfaces that are suitable for final treatment. You should also ensure that all supplies are used safely.
To be successful as a drywall finisher, you should be able to complete tasks efficiently while maintaining a high quality of work. Ultimately, an excellent drywall finisher will utilize sound techniques to produce high-quality drywall finishes on time.
Drywall Finisher Responsibilities:
- Joining drywall panels using tape and plaster.
- Repairing cracks and any other damage to the drywall panels.
- Concealing any imperfections or exposed irregularities in the drywall surface.
- Layering plaster or spackle with trowels to create a flat surface.
- Sanding down rough areas on the wall to create a smooth surface.
- Skimming the surface with a final layer of plaster in preparation for finishing work.
- Managing and maintaining all the required equipment for the job.
- Keeping your supervisor abreast of your progress and reporting any job-related issues.
- Ensuring that all equipment and materials are used safely and effectively.
Drywall Finisher Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least one year experience as a drywall finisher.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Good knowledge of the tools, materials, and methods used in drywall and ceiling finishing.
- Ability to interpret construction blueprints.
- Knowledge of the applicable safety guidelines.
- Basic math skills.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Physically fit and able to work long hours.