Also called Birth Doulas, Doulas are employed to help mothers with the birthing process and the lifestyle change that comes with motherhood. They offer emotional, moral, physical, and educational support to new and expectant mothers.
When interviewing Doulas, the best candidates will be emphatic and have extensive experience with childbirth. Avoid candidates who are dishonest and who lack knowledge about natural caregiving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Doulas:
1. What kind of childbirth experience do you have?
Tests skill level, knowledge, as well as childbirth experience.
2. What information would you collect at a prenatal meeting with a mother?
Reveals planning, organizational, as well as research skills.
3. How would you support a mother who is concerned about postpartum depression?
Highlights the ability to offer emotional support and advice.
4. Describe a time when you got into a disagreement with a mother. What happened?
Uncovers conflict resolution and communication skills, as well as the ability to remain professional.
5. What is the most sensitive question a mother has asked you? What did you do?
Tests ability to remain calm and handle difficult situations with maturity and professionalism.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources