Certified Nurse Midwife Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated certified nurse midwife (CNM) to be responsible for working closely with pregnant women, assisting in births, and providing health care to women and infants post-pregnancy. The CNM will assist with prenatal care, labor, delivery, and postpartum care, and may also provide reproductive care, treatment, and education to female and male patients.
To be a successful CNM, you should be dedicated and focused on providing top-quality care and education to your patients. You should have a strong working knowledge of reproductive concerns as well as a patient, caring, and detail-oriented personality.
Certified Nurse Midwife Responsibilities:
- Working with Gynecologists and Obstetricians to diagnose and treat reproductive health issues.
- Performing routine screenings for male and female patients.
- Ordering, performing, and interpreting diagnostic tests, and prescribing treatments.
- Assisting mothers and families through attempts to conceive, pregnancy, and post-pregnancy care.
- Preparing women for labor and delivery and assisting with the birthing process.
- Monitoring the health of expectant mothers and their infants.
- Counseling and educating male and female patients on contraceptives, reproductive health, and family planning.
- Performing administrative duties, such as taking patient histories, handling appointments, and processing payments.
Certified Nurse Midwife Requirements:
- A Specialized master's of science in nursing degree.
- A Registered nursing license.
- A National Certification from the American Midwifery Certification Board.
- Strong working knowledge of reproductive issues and all stages of conceiving, pregnancy, and birth.
- Familiarity with medical equipment, technology, and computer programs.
- A compassionate and empathetic nature and ability to work with women of all ages and races.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work quickly under stress.
- Flexibility to be on call for emergency situations.