Interview Questions for Nurse Midwives:
1. What do you do to stay current with medical findings and practices?
A good candidate is interested in the latest developments in medical research and patient care.
2. What has been your most stressful experience? How did you cope with it?
Reveals how the candidate handles stress.
3. Describe a time when you were able to console an emotional patient. How did you do it?
4. How do you balance medical needs and emotional needs?
Shows emotional intelligence.
5. Have you ever disagreed with a doctor about a patient’s care plan? What did you do?
Tests conflict resolution skills.