A Nurse Midwife provides care to pregnant patients and their parties throughout their gestation period and after birth. Nurse Midwives are also responsible for teaching new mothers how to care for their newborn and manage postpartum healing.
When interviewing Nurse Midwives, the ideal candidate will have empathy and excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates who are impatient and do not present patients with all available options for their care.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Nurse Midwives:
1. What do you do to stay current with medical findings and practices?
A good candidate is interested in the latest developments in medical research and patient care.
2. What has been your most stressful experience? How did you cope with it?
Reveals how the candidate handles stress.
3. Describe a time when you were able to console an emotional patient. How did you do it?
4. How do you balance medical needs and emotional needs?
Shows emotional intelligence.
5. Have you ever disagreed with a doctor about a patient’s care plan? What did you do?
Tests conflict resolution skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources