Nurse Midwives assist pregnant patients and their partners before, during and after giving birth. A Nurse Midwife's responsibilities include performing routine antenatal checks, providing information about family planning and overseeing labor.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Nurse Midwife Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient and empathetic Nurse Midwife to assist pregnant patients and their partners throughout various stages of gestation as well as after childbirth. A Nurse Midwife's responsibilities also include providing information about contraception, assisting couples with family planning and helping new mothers to breastfeed and care for their newborns.
To be successful as a Nurse Midwife you must be attentive and empathetic towards patients. A good Nurse Midwife supports patients emotionally and medically.
Nurse Midwife Responsibilities:
- Perform routine antenatal checks and identify any risks to the mother or infant.
- Provide information about family planning.
- Coach new mothers on how to breastfeed and bathe newborns.
- Guide mothers through childbirth before and during labor.
Nurse Midwife Requirements:
- A Master of Science in Nursing or equivalent.
- Empathy for patients.
- Attention to detail to observe potential health risks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for infant care.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources