Nurse Midwife Job Description Template
We are looking for a patient and empathetic nurse midwife to assist pregnant patients and their partners throughout various stages of gestation as well as after childbirth. A nurse midwife's responsibilities also include providing information about contraception, assisting couples with family planning, and helping new mothers to breastfeed and care for their newborns.
To be successful as a nurse midwife you must be attentive and empathetic towards patients. Good nurse-midwife supports patients emotionally and medically.
Nurse Midwife Responsibilities:
- Performing routine antenatal checks and identifying any risks to the mother or infant.
- Providing information about family planning.
- Coaching new mothers on how to breastfeed and bathe newborns.
- Guiding mothers through childbirth before and during labor.
Nurse Midwife Requirements:
- A master of science in nursing or equivalent.
- Empathy for patients.
- Attention to detail to observe potential health risks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A passion for infant care.