Interview Questions for Certified Nurse-Midwives:
1. How do you modify patient care from prenatal care to labor and delivery care to postpartum care?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and experience.
2. How do you develop a rapport with your patients?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal skills.
3. Have you experienced a very difficult birthing process, and how did you handle it?
Demonstrates candidates' work experience and ability to work in stressful situations.
4. How would you determine if medical intervention is necessary during pregnancy, labor, or birth?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and acceptance of limitations.
5. What process would you use to educate new parents on the care of their infant?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills, as well as creative skills and ability to adapt educational needs to individuals.