Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs) provide care to female patients through prenatal care, labor, delivery, and post-pregnancy care. CNMs may also assist in educating and treating male and female patients with contraceptive, family planning, reproductive health issues, and sexually transmitted diseases.
When interviewing CNMs, look for candidates who demonstrate up-to-date working knowledge of their field, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. Take note of candidates who lack the ability to work compassionately with patients of all ages and races.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Certified Nurse Midwives:
1. How do you modify patient care from prenatal care to labor and delivery care to postpartum care?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and experience.
2. How do you develop a rapport with your patients?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal skills.
3. Have you experienced a very difficult birthing process, and how did you handle it?
Demonstrates candidates' work experience and ability to work in stressful situations.
4. How would you determine if medical intervention is necessary during pregnancy, labor, or birth?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and acceptance of limitations.
5. What process would you use to educate new parents on the care of their infant?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills, as well as creative skills and ability to adapt educational needs to individuals.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources