A domestic helper, also known as a maid, works in homes to provide cleaning services. Domestic helpers are responsible for cleaning areas of the home indicated by homeowners, and in a manner that has been requested.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Domestic Helper Job Description Template
We are looking for a domestic helper who has an excellent eye for detail and a passion for tidiness. A domestic helper works closely with homeowners to find out what their needs are and how they would prefer their homes to be cleaned.
To be successful as a domestic helper you must have an A-type personality with a dedication to cleanliness. A good domestic helper tries to tidy homes in a way that suits the family they are helping.
Domestic Helper Responsibilities:
- Consult the homeowner to find out which areas of the home need cleaning.
- Use products that the homeowner prefers.
- Pack away items or clothing in a way that makes it easy for the family to find.
- Make the homeowner aware of damaged items.
- Let the homeowner know if cleaning products need replacing.
Domestic Helper Requirements:
- Knowledge of which cleaning products are appropriate for different uses.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of cleaning appliances such as dishwashers, washing machines, and vacuums.
- Ability to take initiative when deciding on how to pack items away.
- Good listening skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources