Not to be confused with Housekeepers or Janitors, Residential Cleaners work strictly within residential areas. Residential Cleaners are responsible for cleaning the home and require sound knowledge of chemicals and methods used in house cleaning. They have their own tools, and typically find work through agencies, but can also be employed privately.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Residential Cleaner Job Description Template
We are searching for a highly-skilled, diligent Residential Cleaner who takes pride in their work. The Residential Cleaner will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the household and its surrounds. Your responsibilities will include sweeping, washing, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, scrubbing, and sanitizing all areas and surfaces. You should also be proficient in making beds, and ironing and folding laundry.
To be successful as a Residential Cleaner, you should have great stamina, a positive attitude, and dedication to excellence. Top-notch candidates should display strength, efficiency, and respect for the home and its inhabitants.
Residential Cleaner Responsibilities:
- Dusting, sweeping, mopping, and washing floors, toilets, showers, tubs, driveways, windows, and counters.
- Vacuuming carpets, upholstery, and any other dusty surface.
- Cleaning all surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Making beds and fluffing pillows.
- Folding clean laundry.
- Scrubbing and sanitizing all relevant surfaces.
- Handling all furniture and appliances carefully.
Residential Cleaner Requirements:
- High School diploma or similar.
- Relevant certification or license may be required.
- Good knowledge of cleaning supplies and chemicals.
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to stand, sit, and stoop for long periods.
- Polite disposition.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources