Domestic engineers are stay-at-home parents or individuals appointed by families to perform various housekeeping tasks in private home settings. They organize and tidy up houses, perform household chores, manage budgets, and provide childcare. They may also perform basic garden maintenance and take care of pets.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Domestic Engineer Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable and personable domestic engineer to manage our household and take care of our children. You will be cooking meals and performing general household chores, as well as overseeing our children and engaging them in fun activities.
To ensure success as a domestic engineer, you should demonstrate extensive experience in a similar role and be highly proficient in providing childcare. A top-notch domestic engineer will be someone whose dedication and expertise result in a well-managed and pleasant home environment.
Domestic Engineer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with the family to develop a domestic duty and childcare schedule.
- Doing laundry and keeping the house clean, tidy, and safe.
- Designing menus and preparing meals, as well as serving meals in a timely manner.
- Managing household budgets and documenting expenses.
- Ensuring the good running order of appliances and facilitating repairs or replacements.
- Performing childcare duties, engaging the children in age-appropriate activities, and transporting them to and from school and other locations.
- Welcoming visitors, relaying messages, and answering phone calls.
- Monitoring and replenishing groceries and household cleaning supplies.
- Caring for household pets.
- Performing basic garden maintenance, recycling, and waste disposal tasks.
Domestic Engineer Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- A valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- An accredited qualification in childcare will be advantageous.
- More than five years' experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of housekeeping practices.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and budgeting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrable ability to assume responsibility for childcare.
- Advanced ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Availability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, and public holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources