District Sales Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a hard-working and sales-driven district sales manager to manage the sales operations within an assigned district and ensure that company sales goals are achieved. The district sales manager’s responsibilities include identifying professional development opportunities for sales employees, encouraging positive employee relations, and continually sourcing new sales opportunities. You should also be able to set reasonable sales targets to be achieved by the district sales team and ensure that those targets are met.
To be successful as a district sales manager, you should be able to keep abreast of evolving market trends and consumer needs. Ultimately, an exceptional district sales manager should be able to work well under pressure as well as demonstrate excellent management, communication, and customer service skills.
District Sales Manager Responsibilities:
- Recruiting, training, and leading sales representatives and account managers.
- Building and sustaining solid relationships with both existing and potential customers.
- Providing regular feedback to the regional sales manager on company marketing and product development needs as well as pricing recommendations.
- Developing and managing effective sales strategies to maximize company sales and profitability.
- Conducting employee evaluations and suggesting improvements as required.
- Researching and monitoring market trends, competitors' sales activities, and consumer needs.
- Completing sales reports and submitting them to upper management for review.
- Analyzing sales metrics and market trends to adapt or modify sales strategies and approaches accordingly.
- Assisting in the development of marketing campaigns that are designed to expand brand recognition and highlight the benefits of company products and services.
District Sales Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or related field.
- Proven sales experience.
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, and management skills.
- Excellent negotiation, networking, and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.