Director of Marketing Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a creative, analytical director of marketing to form and maintain relationships with our customers. The director of marketing will attract business by organizing promotional events, producing online content and other marketing materials, and launching new products. You will maintain relationships with existing customers by sending out press releases, interacting on social media, and communicating by email. You will play a leading role in creating and implementing the annual marketing plan and budget, managing media relations, and maintaining an adequate in-house force of quality marketing professionals.
To be successful in this role you need to convince potential customers we are their first and obvious choice and have the ability to use negative publicity to our advantage. Preferred candidates are in tune with customers' needs, and display sincerity in marketing efforts.
Director of Marketing Responsibilities:
- Leading and overseeing the marketing department.
- Performing market research to identify trends.
- Gaining knowledge of competitors' marketing initiatives.
- Creating and executing overall marketing strategies to create awareness of the company’s products and services.
- Creating and overseeing the annual marketing plan.
- Creating and overseeing annual marketing budget and allocating resources.
- Organizing promotional events.
- Executing the launch of new products.
- Representing the company and forming strategic partnerships with media, overseeing public relations efforts, and writing press releases.
- Producing quality online content and managing the company's publications.
Director of Marketing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, communications, or relevant field.
- 3+ years of work experience in a similar position.
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Good knowledge of CRM databases, web analytics, and Google AdWords.
- Proficient with using social media.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong people skills.