Also known as Directors of Building and Facilities Operations, Directors of Facilities are tasked with managing facilities functions, scheduling renovations, managing budgets, overseeing maintenance, managing contractors, overseeing staff safety, conducting inspections, and testing equipment.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess good communication skills, excellent organizational skills, and excellent knowledge of zoning laws and safety regulations. Be wary of candidates with a limited grasp of the technical aspects of the property, poor interpersonal skills, and poor negotiating skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Director of Facilities Interview Questions
1. Which facilities management software are you familiar with?
Look for candidates that are familiar with a variety of software applications. Candidates should also demonstrate computer literacy.
2. How do you rescue a project that is at risk of going over budget?
Look for candidates with good budgeting and budget revision skills, negotiating skills, and problem-solving skills. Candidates should also demonstrate an ability to prioritize certain budget activities.
3. What processes and key factors do you evaluate and follow when hiring contractors?
Look for candidates that do quote comparisons. Candidates should also highlight the importance of hiring registered contractors with fair labor practices and a good accident record.
4. You've had a small glimpse of our facilities, what is your immediate impression and what would you change or improve?
Look for candidates that would make practical changes that improve the organization's environment and improve efficiency.
5. How do you handle disagreements with contractors?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good communication, problem-solving skills, and conflict resolution skills.