Digital Media Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking for a tech-savvy digital media specialist to create media material for various media platforms such as the web, social media, and blogs. The digital media specialist’s responsibilities also include the planning of marketing campaigns for digital platforms.
To be successful as a digital media specialist, you should stay up to date with the latest digital communication software and ensure the company is visually portrayed to a high standard on platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. Ultimately, a top-notch media specialist should be creative and be able to analyze the impact of campaigns on the company's bottom line.
Digital Media Specialist Responsibilities:
- Working closely with senior management to develop a strategy for integrated media campaigns.
- Assisting digital and social media, public relations, and creative teams to select the appropriate media for their projects across different media platforms.
- Scheduling placement of content on digital media platforms.
- Improving the brand's awareness using digital media channels such as Youtube, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Creating content for digital media platforms according to platform guidelines.
- Writing content for search engine optimization.
- Ensuring brand consistency across all digital media channels.
- Keeping the online media library up-to-date.
- Monitoring impact and return on investment of digital marketing campaigns.
- Remaining up-to-date with the latest digital media trends and design technology available.
Digital Media Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media, marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 year's experience in digital marketing.
- Solid knowledge of design and editing programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of web design and content management systems.
- Advanced experience with web analytic tools such as Google Ads and Google Campaign Manager.
- Familiarity with paid social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube.
- Knowledge of the latest media trends.
- Basic budgeting skills to reconcile paid digital media placements with the available budget.