Day Porters are responsible for making sure a company facility looks neat and presentable to the public. They help uphold the image of a facility by performing basic maintenance tasks including trash removal, front lobby support and restroom restocks. Also referred to as a Janitor or Day Matron.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Day Porter Job Description:
We are seeking an energetic and reliable Day Porter to perform day-to-day building maintenance at our company facility. Overall duties will include removing debris, maintaining common room areas, restocking bathrooms and responding to all cleaning emergencies.
The successful candidate will be highly organized, dedicated, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously. You will work with management to create an effective cleaning schedule, which will include your day-to-day routines and work timetable.
- Complete minor repairs and building improvements.
- Prepare conference rooms before and after important meetings.
- Clean all common room areas including the kitchen, cafeteria, lobby and break room.
- When applicable, place safety hazard signs in the building including wet paint and wet floor warning signs.
- Monitor, clean and service washrooms.
- Respond to any major spills or other cleaning crises.
- Remove litter and rubbish from main common rooms.
- Help order supplies required for facility maintenance.
- High school diploma or relevant qualification required.
- 6 – 12 months' porter experience.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Must be reliable and professional.
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.