A Day Porter ensures that the face of a company is smart, clean and welcoming to the public. They are usually given a fixed list of maintenance tasks to perform and a tight schedule on which to complete them. Their daily duties include removing trash, sweeping, vacuuming, and restocking lavatories.
Day Porter Interview Questions:
1. What skills do you have that will make you a great choice to hire as a day porter?
Highlights the candidate’s strengths and weaknesses.
2. Are you able to work night shift and weekends?
Helps determine whether the candidate's schedule will work with the company's needs.
3. What daily and weekly tasks do you expect to perform?
Demonstrates the candidate's understanding of daily and weekly job requirements.
4. What porter or janitorial experience do you have?
Highlights the candidate’s prior working experience.
5. What is the correct way to clean a kitchen? Give details about the detergents and cleaning methods you use.
Demonstrates the candidate’s cleaning abilities.