Database Developers build computer-based storage options that can hold large sums of information. Also referred to as Database Programmers, these professionals design solutions that are tailored to the particular requirements of each client.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Database Developer Job Description Template
We are searching for an innovative, tech-savvy Database Developer to create and maintain storage frameworks. To this end, the Database Developer should elucidate the intended use of each database, proceed to design appropriate solutions, and then ensure the rollout of these systems. You should also be available to address queries related to the use of each database.
To be successful as a Database Developer, you should create robust solutions that are impervious to hacking and other security breaches. A top-notch Database Developer will resolve all performance-related issues as they occur.
Database Developer Responsibilities:
- Gathering all salient information regarding the intended functions of each database.
- Receiving requests pertaining to the layout, appearance, and special features of each database.
- Designing and creating appropriate frameworks that are sufficiently large.
- Configuring databases such that they are able to withstand attacks and the loss of information.
- Reviewing each development to detect and amend coding and typographical errors, as well as bugs.
- Formulating data dictionaries that are congruent with task specifications.
- Creating technical documents that outline the purpose, capacity, and guidelines attached to each database.
- Providing practical guidance on the use and migration of each database.
- Servicing and updating databases, as required.
Database Developer Requirements:
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or adjacent field.
- Certificate in Database Development is strongly advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience as a Database Developer.
- Portfolio of previous developments is preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, C++, or Java, with a preference for more than one of these.
- Exceptional critical thinking and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to craft detailed technical manuals.
- Accommodating and patient.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources