Data Architects develop and optimize computer database systems for companies. They perform a variety of tasks including preparing reports that outline data needs, monitoring database systems and conducting regular system tests. These highly-analytical professionals are excellent problem-solvers.
Data Architect Interview Questions:
1. Which database system do you prefer and why?
Tests the candidate’s experience working with different database systems.
2. What does ‘software design patterns’ mean?
Demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of database software.
3. What was the hardest database migration project you’ve worked on? How did you handle it?
Highlights the candidate’s problem-solving skills.
4. When reviewing a new database model, what information do you analyze?
Tests the candidate’s analytical abilities.
5. How would you explain a new and complex database model to management?
Highlights the candidate’s communication skills.