Data specialists transfer information from hardcopy to digital format. They oversee the entire conversion process, verifying the validity of the information, designing storage platforms, and training staff on document retrieval procedures.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Data Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a talented data specialist to provide technology and data support for our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for collating and verifying data from multiple sources, assisting with the implementation of data software storage systems, and executing data transfers. You will also be required to train staff on data storage procedures.
To be successful as a data specialist, you should have a good eye for detail, expert knowledge of data storage systems, and a meticulous approach to information verification. An outstanding data specialist works methodically to ensure the accurate transfer of information to a secure digital medium.
Data Specialist Responsibilities:
- Conducting a thorough data analysis of clients' information and storage systems.
- Creating or implementing a digital conversion program in line with the client's needs.
- Installing and maintaining data collation software.
- Varifying and extracting data from hardcopy and other digital sources.
- Importing and transferring data to a secure central database.
- Performing regular data integrity and quality audits.
- Creating and submitting data collation reports.
- Troubleshooting information storage issues.
- Training staff on data storage and retrieval processes.
Data Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information management, data analytics, computer science, or a similar field.
- 3+ years' experience as a data specialist.
- Ability to read, interpret, and verify data from multiple formats.
- In-depth knowledge of data retrieval and storage systems.
- Ability to work independently on projects.
- Knowledge of computer hardware systems and peripherals.
- Excellent communication and report-writing skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with end-user training and support.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources