Data Coordinators are data management experts who organize data for use by analysts. Their primary responsibilities include running data queries, maintaining data integrity and security and ensuring the proper sorting and organizing of databases.
Data Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for highly organized candidates with great attention to detail for the position of Data Coordinator. Data Coordinators are responsible for transforming and transferring data upon request by analysts, translating data into different languages and adhering to legal and regulatory standards, among other duties.
Data Coordinators will need to attend to any data requests by analysts or senior management, requiring them to maintain excellent organizational skills and data integrity.
Data Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Using SQL and similar software to run data queries.
- Maintaining data integrity and security.
- Ensuring the proper sorting and organizing of databases.
- Taking extra security precautions when handling personally identifiable data.
- Adhering to legal and regulatory standards.
- Adhering to company data guidelines.
- Transforming or transferring data upon request.
- Translating data into different languages.
- Maintaining data on storage devices such as servers, flash drives and other external devices.
- Performing data requests in a timely manner.
- Preparing data for meetings and presentations.
- Communicating data reports to clients.
- Ensuring data is adequately backed up.
- Assisting staff with data entry methods.
Data Coordinator Requirements:
- Degree in Information Systems or related field.
- Experience with database administration.
- Proficiency with database languages such as SQL.
- Analytical mindset.
- Attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.