Also called Criminal Intelligence Analysts, Crime Analysts work with law enforcement personnel to identify patterns in deviant behavior and to develop strategies that increase public safety.
When interviewing Crime Analysts, look for candidates who are detail-oriented, able to work in stressful environments, and demonstrate active listening skills. Avoid candidates who are unwilling to embrace new technology and those who become despondent when faced with challenges.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Crime Analysts:
1. What made you want to become a Crime Analyst?
Reveals motivations, interests, and key personality traits.
2. Which crime mapping software are you familiar with?
Illustrates proficiency in relevant software and the tendency to keep abreast of technology.
3. How would you come up with a plan to reduce burglaries in a neighborhood?
Shows strategic crime analysis methods and planning skills.
4. Think back to the toughest case you’ve worked on. What did you learn?
Reveals potential strengths and weaknesses, as well as the capacity to learn from challenges.
5. You are asked to interview a murder suspect. How do you prepare?
Tests planning, organizational, and interview skills, as well as mental fortitude.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources