Credit Manager Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced credit manager to oversee our company’s lending process. As a credit manager, you will be responsible for evaluating the creditworthiness of potential customers, creating credit scoring models, approving and rejecting loans, negotiating payment terms, and updating the company’s credit policy.
To ensure success as a credit manager, you should have extensive experience with credit analysis, proficiency with accounting software, and high-level analytical skills. A top-class credit manager adds value to a company by optimizing the mix of sales to bad debt losses.
Credit Manager Responsibilities:
- Evaluating the creditworthiness of potential customers.
- Creating credit scoring models for risk assessments.
- Approving and rejecting loans based on available data.
- Calculating and setting loan interest rates.
- Negotiating the terms of the loan with new clients.
- Ensuring all loans and lending procedures comply with regulations.
- Maintaining records of all company loans.
- Monitoring loan payments and bad debts.
- Reviewing and updating the company’s credit policy.
Credit Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, finance, or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a credit manager.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting software.
- Good understanding of lending procedures.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Detail orientated.
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.