Credit Specialists perform comprehensive analyses of clients' financial histories to ascertain whether such entities qualify for loans or lines of credit. Credit Specialists also assist in the recovery of unpaid dues.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Credit Specialist Job Description Template
We are searching for a prudent Credit Specialist to establish clients' eligibility for financial assistance. The Credit Specialist should gather all pertinent applications and supporting documentation, review clients' financial histories, and then proceed to decide whether to extend financial support. You should also monitor clients' repayments in a bid to prevent them from defaulting on their loans.
To be successful as a Credit Specialist, you should possess exceptional investigative skills that are backed by sound judgment. Ultimately, an outstanding Credit Specialist will inform clients about ways to improve their suitability for our programs.
Credit Specialist Responsibilities:
- Receiving credit and loan applications along with supplementary paperwork.
- Reviewing documents to ensure their completion and precision.
- Conducting routine inspections to better understand clients' financial track records.
- Performing risk analyses and using the findings to inform the amount of credit extended, if applicable.
- Informing clients about the outcomes of their credit applications.
- Negotiating interest rates and payment plans that account for the potential risks identified earlier.
- Supervising the repayment of funds and contacting defaulters to tend to their accounts with urgency.
- Providing additional financial support to eligible and steadfast clients upon request.
- Compiling a database of regular defaulters and reporting them to the relevant bodies, as appropriate.
- Working towards maintaining and advancing the financial status of our institution.
Credit Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Microeconomics, Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as a Credit Specialist.
- Excellent knowledge of all applicable governing regulations and bodies.
- Familiarity with sound business, borrowing, and spending practices.
- Strong research, statistical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to negotiate credit limits and repayment options.
- Capacity to let ineligible clients down in a dignified manner.
- Willingness to institute pertinent corrective measures to procure monies owed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources