Interview Questions for Credit Specialists:
1. Can you describe the process of choosing whether to grant credit?
Illustrates an awareness of pertinent channels of inquiry.
2. When would it be worth granting an application for credit despite it being risky to do so?
Demonstrates knowledge about fairly innocuous risks versus salient ones that necessitate the denial of credit applications.
3. How would you decide on a suitable interest rate?
Examines the ability to select appropriate cost-benefit ratios that promote business interests without losing prospective clients.
4. How would you inform a desperate client that their request had been denied?
Assesses the capacity to remain resolute without sacrificing interpersonal skills.
5. What would you do if a client regularly defaulted on payments?
Tests an understanding of suitable referral and corrective procedures.