Credit Controllers are responsible for managing the debts of a company. They are tasked with coordinating the debts of existing creditors and managing new requests for credit. Ultimately, Credit Controllers manage all money borrowed or owed to the company.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Credit Controller Job Description Template
We are looking to hire an experienced Credit Controller to expertly manage the debts of our company. As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for collecting debts from our company debtors, evaluating new credit requests, ensuring timely payments of company debts, processing invoices, maintaining the sales ledger, and providing administrative support.
To ensure success as a Credit Controller, you should have a good eye for detail and the ability to reconcile complex company accounts. Ultimately, a top-class Credit Controller can maximize company profits by efficiently managing its debts.
Credit Controller Responsibilities:
- Evaluating new credit requests and conducting client credit checks.
- Managing and collecting debts from company debtors.
- Setting up the terms of credit for new clients.
- Negotiating payment plans.
- Managing collection of all payments and debts.
- Responding to client inquiries.
- Processing invoices.
- Preparing statements and reports for the company accountant.
- Managing the sales ledger.
- Liaising with customers and the sales team.
Credit Controller Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics.
- Previous work experience as a Credit Controller.
- Good understanding of the legal complexities of loans, payment plans, and interest rates.
- Proficient in Accounting and Office software.
- Ability to reconcile complex debtors accounts.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to deal with problematic clients.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources