Credit Controllers manage the debts of a company. They oversee all the debts owed to the company from existing creditors and process new requests for credit. Credit Controllers ensure payments are made on time, process invoices, resolve account queries, and manage debt recovery.
When interviewing Credit Controllers, the ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of accounting and financial software, good communication skills, and advanced knowledge of the legal complexities of loans. Be wary of candidates who lack advanced interpersonal skills, and those who are unable to deal with high-pressure situations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Credit Controllers:
1. Why is a Credit Controller an important part of a company?
Demonstrates the candidate’s understanding of their role and what is required of them.
2. How do you distance yourself from personal feelings when evaluating credit requests?
Demonstrates the ability to follow standard procedures and act impartially.
3. What strategies do you use to negotiate with a difficult or rude client?
Demonstrates the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
4. How do you deal with clients who refuse to pay?
Highlights the negotiating skills of the candidate and their ability to follow company procedures.
5. What systems have you put in place in your previous work to maximize company profits?
Demonstrates the extent of the candidate’s skills and abilities.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources