Cosmetology Instructor Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled cosmetology instructor to teach our students the skills needed to enter the beauty industry. In this role, you will be responsible for learning and adapting the course curriculum, teaching students the various cosmetology skills, setting tests, grading work, and mentoring students.
To ensure success as a cosmetology instructor, you should have extensive experience working as a professional Cosmetologist, a natural talent for teaching, and good interpersonal skills. A top-class cosmetology instructor takes a hands-on approach with their teaching, ensuring that every student gets the required knowledge they need to succeed in the beauty industry.
Cosmetology Instructor Responsibilities:
- Learning and adapting the course curriculum.
- Setting out lesson plans.
- Ordering stock supplies for each course.
- Teaching students the skills of the beauty trade.
- Setting out written and practical tests.
- Grading tests.
- Mentoring students and providing emotional support.
- Overseeing examinations and final practical tests.
- Providing course feedback to the college or technical school.
Cosmetology Instructor Requirements:
- National-Interstate Council of State Boards of Cosmetology certification.
- Previous work experience as a cosmetology instructor.
- 3+ years working as a Cosmetologist.
- Experience with teaching preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Patient and understanding.