Cosmetology Instructors are Cosmetologists that teach the skills necessary to work in the beauty industry. They often work in beauty colleges or technical schools and teach students the practical skills to work as hairstylists, manicurists, make-up artists, and other beauty-related occupations.
When interviewing Cosmetology Instructors, suitable candidates will have extensive practical experience working as a Cosmetologist, good interpersonal skills, and a knack for teaching. Be wary of candidates with poor time management skills and those who are unable to deal with stressful situations.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Cosmetology Instructors:
1. Why did you want to become a Cosmetology Instructor?
Demonstrates the candidate’s nature and inherent teaching skills.
2. What methods do you use to plan and adapt your course curriculum?
Reveals the candidate’s teaching methodology.
3. What techniques do you use to transfer your skills to your students?
Uncovers the candidate’s technical skills and ability to transfer knowledge.
4. How would you deal with unruly or despondent students?
Highlights the candidate’s interpersonal skills.
5. What would you say is the most difficult part of being a Cosmetology Instructor?
Reveals previous work experience and highlights gaps in knowledge.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources