Contract Specialists draft and review contractual agreements between a company and suppliers of products or services. These specialists practice an expert profession that can be found in theaters, businesses, and nonprofits. Duties include evaluating bids, preparing contracts, and negotiating terms.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Contract Specialist Job Description Template:
Our company is looking for a talented Contract Specialist to join our dynamic legal team. You will perform a range of duties including negotiating contract terms, preparing contracts, evaluating bids, and researching current regulations.
Ideal contract specialists should enjoy drafting and editing contracts, demonstrating excellent attention to detail abilities. In addition to being an excellent communicator, you should also possess in-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract agreements, and legal terminology.
- Negotiate contract agreements for products and services.
- Assess contractor performance to identify the need for amendments of existing contracts.
- Prepare and edit contracts between the company and potential clients.
- Handle breach of contracts in a timely manner.
- Serve as the main liaison with outside contracting representatives.
- Develop and implement effective procurement proposals.
- Research regulations to guarantee contracts are updated and in compliance with laws.
- Coordinate with clients to guarantee terms of contracts are fulfilled in compliance with the contract terms and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract documents, and legal specifications.
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to resolve client complaints and concerns.