A Contract Administrator manages a company’s contracts, such as rental, sales, purchase, new business proposal and employment contracts. Contract Administrators work for various companies such as engineering firms, educational institutions and insurance companies. Also known as Contract Manager.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Contract Administrator Job Description Template:
We are looking to hire an analytical Contract Administrator to manage the drafting and revision of our company’s contracts. The Contract Administrator will analyze and interpret a wide range of documentation. The Contract Administrator will negotiate contract terms and conditions between various parties. You will maintain files for contracts containing original contracts, relevant correspondence, amendments, clarifications and payment schedules. You will clarify the terms of employment contracts with staff.
To succeed in this role you need to detect errors and inconsistencies in contracts, and have outstanding knowledge of all laws pertaining to specific contracts. Ideal candidates are detail-oriented, accountable and are proficient multitaskers.
Contract Administrator Responsibilities:
- Liaising with staff on all levels of company to analyze and determine comprehensive contract strategy.
- Designing standardized language and guidelines for contracts.
- Reviewing contracts for compliance with language guidelines.
- Collaborating with internal procurement, legal and human resources teams to ensure contracts' compliance.
- Sharing and clarifying contract processes, conditions and details with management, business partners and employees.
- Obtaining contract-related information from relevant parties.
- Reviewing contracts, verifying accuracy and resolving discrepancies in line with company rules and guidelines.
- Ensuring relevant documentation accompany contracts, and maintaining digital and hard copies of relevant documentation.
- Liaising between parties regarding contract development, and negotiations regarding terms and conditions, and drafting and revising changes as required.
- Identifying potential risks contract changes may pose to company.
Contract Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, mathematics, accounting or economics, master's degree preferred.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Proficient knowledge of legal requirements pertaining to relevant contracts.
- SAP/ERP experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal. -Excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Proficient ability to detect errors and inconsistencies.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources