Contract analysts help companies avoid contractual disputes and financial losses. They review contract terms and conditions before contracts are signed, negotiate favorable terms with other parties on behalf of their employers, and draft contractual provisions and amendments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Contract Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable contract analyst to advise our company on contracts. You will be interpreting contractual requirements, collaborating on contractual amendments with internal departments, and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
To ensure success as a contract analyst, you should possess extensive knowledge of contract law and ideally have experience in a similar industry. A top-notch contract analyst will be someone who can prevent contractual disputes and negotiate favorable terms on behalf of their companies.
Contract Analyst Responsibilities:
- Reviewing contracts to prevent potential disputes and financial risks.
- Analyzing contract clauses, stipulations, obligations, and liabilities.
- Recommending and drafting contract provisions and amendments.
- Reviewing supplier contract terms and conditions.
- Negotiating contract terms, payment structures, and reimbursement with other parties.
- Ensuring that contract terms comply with legal requirements and policies.
- Advising internal departments on innovative and cost-effective ways to comply with contractual obligations.
- Documenting processes and maintaining files.
- Keeping informed of amendments to contract law.
Contract Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business law, or a related field of study.
- Master's degree or MBA with specialization in contracts preferred.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a contract analyst in a related industry.
- Advanced knowledge of local, state, and national contract laws.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent computer skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources