Contract analysts negotiate favorable contractual terms for their companies and prevent disputes and liability costs. They review contracts and draft contract provisions and amendments. They also advise companies on cost-effective ways to comply with contractual obligations.
When interviewing contract analysts, look for candidates who could identify costly contractual loopholes and the ability to prevent contractual disputes. Avoid candidates with limited experience in negotiating contractual terms and those who lack communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Contract Analysts:
1. In your experience, what are the main reasons for contractual disputes?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and experience with contract analysis.
2. How would you go about ensuring compliance with contractual obligations?
Tests the candidate's experience and their ability to prevent liability for noncompliance.
3. Tell me about contractual terms you negotiated that had a favorable outcome?
Evaluates the candidate's knowledge and their ability to negotiate favorable terms on behalf of their company.
4. How do you go about ensuring that sound recordkeeping practices are followed?
Reveals the candidate's experience in promoting best practices in the maintenance and safekeeping of contracts
5. Can you tell me how you stay informed about changes to state and federal contract law?
Highlights the candidate's knowledge and their ability to keep abreast of local, state, and national contract law.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources